With recipes like our CBD pasta recipe, it is easier than ever to make sure your whole family gets their daily CBD.
Here is an exciting way to boost the nutritional content of your family’s dinner while providing your loved ones with the balancing effects of CBD. Our from scratch penne rosa recipe includes plenty of fresh ingredients to further boost its nutrient content. This delicious CBD pasta recipe is sure to please, and you can feel good about helping your family do something good for their well being.
CBD Pasta – Infused Penne Rosa Recipe
Nothing brings a family together like preparing and sharing a home cooked dinner together. This from scratch recipe uses fresh garden ingredients like garlic, mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach, and more for a wholesome, naturally nourishing meal.
For a healthier take on a popular comfort food, this penne rosa CBD pasta dish is quick and easy to whip up on a weeknight. This recipe makes 6 servings, enough for the whole family. Here is what you will need.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 12 ounces whole wheat penne, cooked
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 teaspoons RSHO™ Liquid (¾ teaspoon per serving) as desired
- In a large skillet with lid, heat olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Add in garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook until garlic softens – about 2 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook until mushrooms start to release their water – about 5 minutes.
- Add in spinach and cover skillet. Let spinach wilt for 2 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir in the pasta sauce. Remove the skillet from the heat, and let rest for 5 minutes.
- While the vegetable sauce mix cools, use a small bowl to mix RSHO™ Liquid into the Greek Yogurt. Stir thoroughly.
- Stir in Greek yogurt-CBD oil mix into the sauce, and then add the penne. Toss until pasta and vegetables are coated.
- Divide into pasta bowls and top with grated parmesan cheese before serving.
Optional: You can add a protein to this recipe, such as Italian sausage, meatballs, grilled chicken, etc. by preparing protein separately and then tossing it with the pasta and sauce in step 7.
Why CBD Edibles
Infusing edibles with CBD is a great way to add the benefits of hemp derived CBD into your diet. When CBD is taken with food, the body is able to more efficiently absorb the CBD and other cannabinoids before transporting throughout the body.
Here is more about why you should take CBD oil with food.
There are literally dozens and dozens of possible recipes featuring CBD oil tinctures and liquids. Use our CBD recipes to stimulate your creative cooking juices. Keep in mind that it isn’t suggested that you cook with the oil, as doing so can diminish potency.
You can get RSHO™ Liquids in our Green, Blue, and Gold Labels, giving you the choice between our non-decarboxylated, decarboxylated, and filtered options. You can also opt for our RSHO-X™ with no detectable THC. Available in 4 oz. bottles, RSHO™ Liquids provide 31 mg of CBD per serving.
Read more about the benefits of CBD and other CBD topics now on our CBD Oil Education page.
You can find more CBD edibles like this on our CBD Oil Recipes page.