San Diego, America’s Friendliest City, Cited as a “Booming Hemp Hub” in August 7 Report That Aired Before Local Area Cannabis Industry Event
San Diego, CA – August 11, 2015 – San Diego’s economic development is being fueled by one of the oldest plants on the planet: cannabis.
“San Diego is actually becoming, literally a booming hemp hub, number one globally for the entire nation,” Andrew Hard, Spokesperson for HempMeds® and CEO of CMW Media told NBC 7 News in a report that aired Friday, August 7. “This is a major destination for the cannabis industry as a whole, and basically it’s very important for San Diego to know that and, even more, embrace it.”
Nestled in and just outside the Greater San Diego area are several of the cannabis companies that are making headline news around the world:
- Medical Marijuana, Inc. – the first publicly traded cannabis company and an industry investor fostering the growth of the cannabis industry
- HempMeds® – the world’s trusted source for CBD hemp oil products
- HempMeds Brasil™ – a key source of CBD hemp oil that is approved for export and can be subsidized by Brazil’s federal government and health insurance
- Dixie Botanicals – one of the most widely recognized brands in the cannabis industry
- Kannaway – the world’s first award-winning CBD hemp oil product-focused network marketing company
- MPSI – U.S. cannabis security solutions
- Haenep Source – a hemp lifestyle company
“Trending are cannabis products with cannabidiol or ‘CBD’ hemp oil that give all the benefits of cannabis just without the psychoactive ‘high’ that one receives from the cannabinoid THC,” Hard states. “CBD from hemp is not a scheduled substance so products with it can be shipped nationwide and around the world.”
Retail brands of CBD hemp oil products – also known as “low THC cannabis” in “CBD-only” states – that are also trending online include:
- Real Scientific Hemp Oil™ (RSHO™) as seen in the Wall Street Journal, Globo Brazil and more
- Dixie Botanicals Dew Drops and capsules as seen in VICE Japan
- Dixie Botanicals Salvation Balm
- CanChew Gum, the world’s first award-winning patented cannabis gum
- Cibdex tinctures and capsules as seen in VICE Japan
- Cibaderm salve reviewed by Medical Jane
- HempVAP® as photographed by Getty Images, Reuters, and featured on NBC
- Holy Grail
- DEFINED Transformation – featured by USA Today / USA Weekend
- Cibaderm reviewed by THC Magazine and seen on NBC
Hard explains, “What the public may not know is that today’s cannabis consumers range from toddlers to seniors, professional, collegiate, and youth athletes, Veterans – even pets!”
Over the weekend, HempMeds® supported the local cannabis industry as a presenting sponsor at the 1st annual San Diego Cannabis Professionals Cup. There, Medical Marijuana, Inc.’s HempMeds® showcased their cannabidiol (CBD) hemp oil portfolio brands letting the public know that although some states are grappling with the logistics of implementing “low THC cannabis” laws for marijuana-based products, there is an immediately available alternative with CBD hemp oil.
HempMeds® offers mainstream marketing, sales, customer service, and logistics for the cannabis industry. HempMeds® is a corporate portfolio company of Medical Marijuana, Inc. (OTC Pink: MJNA) and the Company’s exclusive master distributor and contracted marketing company. In addition to handling sales and distribution, HempMeds® is the communication hub for the Medical Marijuana Inc. portfolio of companies.
About Medical Marijuana, Inc.
Our mission is to be the premier hemp industry innovators, leveraging our team of professionals to source, evaluate and purchase value-added companies and products, while allowing them to keep their integrity and entrepreneurial spirit. We strive to create awareness within our industry, develop environmentally-friendly, economically sustainable businesses, while increasing shareholder value. For more information, please visit the company’s website at: www.MedicalMarijuanaInc.com.
FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION (FDA) DISCLOSURE
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease.
This press release may contain certain forward-looking statements and information, as defined within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and is subject to the Safe Harbor created by those sections. This material contains statements about expected future events and/or financial results that are forward-looking in nature and subject to risks and uncertainties. Such forward-looking statements by definition involve risks, uncertainties and other factors, which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of Medical Marijuana, Inc. to be materially different from the statements made herein.
Medical Marijuana, Inc. does not sell or distribute any products that are in violation of the United States Controlled Substances Act (US.CSA). The Company does grow, sell and distribute hemp-based products and are involved with the federally legal distribution of hemp-based products within certain international markets. Cannabidiol is a natural constituent of hemp oil.